10 Km South of Nelson
NELSON NORDIC SKI CLUB FALL WORK BEE
When: Sunday Oct. 02/16
Where: meet at Apex Warming Hut
Times: 9:00 am & 9:30 a.m. & 10:00
I’s that time of year again. Need some volunteer hours to benefit for a discount on the upcoming ski season?
Plenty of projects to complete before the snow flies…confused about the different time slots?? I thought we would have a few different starting times to reduce “confusion” in the morning. Listed below are the projects, in order of priority. Please take a moment to view these and note which time to arrive for instruction.
A hot lunch will be served, so please RSVP in order to have ample food available.
- Clearwater A Frame- firewood to be delivered, brushing foliage away from the sides of the A Frame, clean out wood stove, the roof of the outhouse swept off. 9:30 a.m start – 2 volunteers
- Firewood- splitter will be on hand to split and store firewood 9:00 a.m. start – 5 volunteers
- Euphrates shelter-removal of old stove and replace with newer style…cleaning of windows inside and out 9:00 a.m. start -3 volunteers
- First Aid Toboggans – 2 additional first aid toboggans to be built-2 volunteers
- Re-staining of outhouse building (weather permitting) 10:00 a.m. start – 2 volunteers
- Painting of floor in collecting hut (weather permitting)10:00 a.m. start – 1 volunteer
- Painting interior of sled shed (weather permitting)10:00 a.m. start-2 volunteers
- A couple small projects that will arise….9:30 start – 3 volunteers
The NNSC is in need of a “Brushing Co-ordinator”..this will involve booking and coordinating the volunteer brushers, which are readily available…equipment is provided…interested?…please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more…
Please inform me of where your interests lie…first come first serve…
Most materials needed for these projects will be on site.
List of needed tools/equipment:
Chainsaws- wheel barrow(s)- ladder(s)-cordless drill(s)-skil saw(s)-jig saw – hammer(s)-measuring tape(s)-pick up truck(s)
Please RSVP email@example.com Thank you – see you there…