Here are the details:
- Register individually or as a team at 9:00 at Apex, and receive a punch card.
- Cost is $10/individual or $5/team member (teams are 2+ people).
- Starting at 9:30, ski all of Nelson Nordic’s major trail loops , and punch your card at the orienteering flags located along the way. Total possible distance is approximately 30 km.
- Bring your punched cards to Finleys that evening between 6-8pm for our Burger & Beer Fundraiser, and you will be dealt a hand of cards.
- If you got any Bonus Punches, you can use them to exchange cards and improve your hand!
- Best hand wins a 50/50 prize
Punch locations are:
- Euphrates Cabin
- Bonus punch: near Busk A-Frame (Boy Scouts) Cabin
- Clearwater hut
- Bonus punch: Clearwater bell at 7km
- Apex loop
- Cottonwood loop
- Bonus punch: top of the steep hill on the field loop
- Final punch at Apex Daylodge
A few things to keep in mind:
- Bring lots of water and snacks, there are no aid stations or other supplies provided at this event except at the end.
- Ski in any technique you want – classic or skating – there is no timing of this event
- Ski the trails in any order you like, the only requirement is that the Apex lodge is your last stop.
- If you are not a member, you will need to buy a day pass in addition to the registration fee.
Email email@example.com for more info