If you don’t have your pass yet, online sales are open and purchases before Dec 1st will help the Club in the CCBC membership contest!
Weather looks fantastic, come enjoy the sun and lend a hand to help get the club ready for another winter of skiing!
Details here, please RSVP so we have enough lunch for everyone!
For all of our wonderful volunteers, please wait for your discount codes before registering for this season’s memberships. You will be receiving them via email soon.
It is going to be a FANTASTIC season!
The Nelson Nordic Ski Club is seeking a General Manager to work collaboratively with our highly motivated Board of Directors and an experienced staff team to achieve the Club’s objectives of continuing to develop an excellent facility with a variety of programs for all ages. The General Manager will manage the Club’s resources including staffing, facilities, programs, equipment and volunteers.
Full Job Description can be viewed at:
Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Preferred Start Date: October 28, 2018 (accommodation may be made for the right candidate)
• Advocate for and active participant in the sport of Nordic skiing
• Proven excellence working in a team environment
• Experience working with a non-profit society or similar
• Demonstrated management skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in computer skills to perform such work as grooming reports, website updates, social media, member communication, online registration, invoicing, monthly reports and sponsor solicitation. Will need to be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Self- motivated and organized
• Strong verbal and written communication and public relation skills
• Creative thinker for media articles, Facebook posts and newsletters
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their covering letter and resume to the Club Secretary, Erin Bates, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14, 2018.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About the Club:
The Nelson Nordic Ski Club is a thriving non-profit society that has experienced significant growth since the Club was formed in 1979. There are currently over 890 members with an additional large day pass contingent enjoying the many kilometres of groomed trails. The Club also has a large school outreach program and extensive youth programs for Jackrabbits, Track Attack and Junior Racers as well as adult programs.
Leo groomed Clearwater up to 7km as well as Loop 3 – Cabin loop with the sled/ginzu this evening for both classic and skate skiing. Temperatures were dropping as he was finishing so trails should be great in the a.m. just as it begins to warm up…Enjoy!!!