The Nelson Nordic Ski Club is seeking a General Manager to work collaboratively with our highly motivated Board of Directors and an experienced staff team to achieve the Club’s objectives of continuing to develop an excellent facility with a variety of programs for all ages. The General Manager will manage the Club’s resources including staffing, facilities, programs, equipment and volunteers.
Full Job Description can be viewed at:
Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Preferred Start Date: October 28, 2018 (accommodation may be made for the right candidate)
• Advocate for and active participant in the sport of Nordic skiing
• Proven excellence working in a team environment
• Experience working with a non-profit society or similar
• Demonstrated management skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in computer skills to perform such work as grooming reports, website updates, social media, member communication, online registration, invoicing, monthly reports and sponsor solicitation. Will need to be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Self- motivated and organized
• Strong verbal and written communication and public relation skills
• Creative thinker for media articles, Facebook posts and newsletters
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their covering letter and resume to the Club Secretary, Erin Bates, at email@example.com by September 14, 2018.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About the Club:
The Nelson Nordic Ski Club is a thriving non-profit society that has experienced significant growth since the Club was formed in 1979. There are currently over 890 members with an additional large day pass contingent enjoying the many kilometres of groomed trails. The Club also has a large school outreach program and extensive youth programs for Jackrabbits, Track Attack and Junior Racers as well as adult programs.