Nelson Nordic Ski Club is seeking a Head Coach to provide coaching and coordination for the Club’s Track Attack and Junior Racing programs. The Head Coach is responsible for overall program administration, planning and development, including coordination of parent coaches and other volunteers.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Coach also develops annualized training plans for athletes in the program and works with individual athletes on fitness and technique. Program promotion, event planning, equipment management and travel to races outside of Nelson will be required. Ensuring compliance with the Club’s Covid-19 safety plan, Return to Sport plan, and other physical distancing requirements will be a key component of the position this season.
To view the complete Job Description, click here.
- Nordic ski coaching experience, including past experience developing training plans for youth athletes
- Advocate for and active participant in the sport of Nordic skiing
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nordic ski techniques and equipment (skate and classic)
- Proven excellence working in a team environment
- Demonstrated personnel management skills and attention to detail; volunteer management and event planning experience would be an asset
- Self- motivated and organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Start Date: September 1, 2020
Application Deadline: August 16, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their covering letter and resume to General Manager Jaime Frederick at email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.