Good news….due to these freezing temperatures we have been experiencing the groomer was able to complete the grooming on the main Cottonwood Loop along with the upper portion of the Busk Loop…All our trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing with the exception of Loop 4, which is narrow at this time set classic tracks and Loop 1 which requires additional snow coverage to do the same. Some debris appearing on the canopied sections of all our trails….Enjoy!!!!
With 15cm of snow overnight the following trails are Open: Apex – Night Loop- Clearwater, Loop 2 (water hazards), Loop 3 & Loop 4…these trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing. Soft conditions with these wet & warm temperatures. Our Snow Phone is updated every a.m. and also if any changes occur during the day…
As of this morning, the Clearwater trail was groomed for both classic & skate skiing..along with Loop 2 & 3..Loop 4 was set but with no classic tracks and is in poor condition.Qua Ck. Loop is CLOSED due to water hazards..the Night Loop was groomed, with no classic tracks due to the limited snow coverage..the Night Lights will remain OFF until further notice…we received some wet snow during the day, the groomers will be out again this evening to see if they can improve the conditions…lets keep our fingers crossed….
Think snow as we are in need of it. With the rain earlier this month and subsequent freezing all trails are unskiable at the moment. Please check the snowphone and Facebook for updates.
We are looking for one passionate ski coach to work with the School Outreach program.
School Outreach Position:
- Reporting to the School Outreach Coordinator, this person is responsible for providing quality cross country ski instruction to school students.
- This coach will work collaboratively with other coaches with up to 60 students that attend a session.
- Attend a training event to review: lesson plans and activities, rental equipment and program promotion.
- Be reliable, full of energy, able to handle large groups of multi-aged students and project your voice when instructing.
- Have skills in cross country skiing for both skate and classic technique.
- Certified L2T coaching level (negotiable as we have someone who will assist with coaching that has this level)
- Basic First Aid-CPR “C” certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cross Country Canada and Canada Sport For Life (CS4L) system is an asset.
- This position requires a clear Criminal Records Check.
The coaches’ working hours will be at minimum 20 hours per week with other duties included as agreed upon by both coach and Nelson Nordic Ski Club. Contract for Positions run from approximately January to mid March 2015 If interested in applying to this position or attaining additional information contact Louise Poole at klpoole at shaw.ca or 250-825-9202.