Nelson Nordic Ski Club is seeking a General Manager to work collaboratively with a highly motivated Board of Directors and an experienced staff to ensure operations are efficient and aligned with our mission: To engage our community through inclusive Nordic skiing opportunities and programs that enrich our love of the sport and the outdoors.
The General Manager will manage the Club’s resources including staffing, facilities, programs, equipment and volunteers. A complete Job Description can be viewed here.
- Advocate for and active participant in the sport of Nordic skiing
- Proven excellence working in a team environment
- Experience working with a non-profit society or similar
- Demonstrated management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer skills to perform such work as grooming reports, website updates, social media, member communication, online registration, invoicing, monthly reports and sponsor solicitation. .
- Self- motivated and organized
- Strong verbal and written communication and public relations skills
- Creative thinker for media articles, Facebook posts and newsletters
Preferred Start Date: April 17, 2023
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the Club Secretary, Ron Sherman, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023. We thank all applicants in advance; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This is a full-time position (~1600 hours annually) with the number of hours worked per week varying seasonally (35 hours/week September to April; ≤30 hours/week May to August). This position offers a competitive compensation package, with an annual salary range of $55,000–$63,000 inclusive of benefits, based on experience and abilities.
About the Club
Nelson Nordic Ski Club is a thriving organization that has experienced significant growth since the Club was formed in 1983. There are currently approximately 1,300 members with an additional large day pass contingent enjoying the many kilometres of groomed trails. The Club also has a large school outreach program and extensive skills development programs for youth (Jackrabbits, Track Attack and Junior Racers) as well as adults.