Registration is now open on Zone 4 for our new spring break day camp, running Monday, March 20; Tuesday, March 21; and Thursday, March 23.
Registration closes: at noon on Friday, March 17, 2023.
Prices and sign up are by the day.
- Programs will run between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Cost is $40 per child, per day.
- Ages 6 to 12 are welcome.
- Groups will be multi-aged. Depending on overall numbers and specific activity, we may divide the group by age or skiing ability for small group activities.
Pick up and drop off policy:
- Programs begin at 9 am, staff will be available to supervise children by 8:50 am. Please, do not plan to drop your child off any earlier as we will not have the resources to supervise them. Groups will always begin by meeting in the Apex warming hut at 9 am.
- You are required to pick up your child by 2 pm. The groups will be off the snow and back in the Apex hut changing their boots by 1:50 pm. Late pickups could result in your child being unable to attend future day camp sessions with Nelson Nordic Ski Club.
- If circumstances arise that make meeting the drop off / pick up times impossible please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect:
- Children will be outside in variable conditions, for several hours at a time.
- Games and free play on skis.
- Longer trail skis (e.g. out toward Cottonwood Lake, or to Euphrates Cabin for older kids).
- Trained, experienced instructors who love playing games, working with kids, and teaching cross-country skiing.
- Access to warming huts for lunch breaks or indoor craft/activity time .
- Outhouses (we have no running water/flushing toilets on site, but do have some nice and clean outhouses).
What to Bring:
- Water, snacks and lunch for the day.
- Layers, plan for clothing so your child can be outside in all weather conditions.
- A small backpack for lunch and layers; this will allow us to ski to farther huts for lunch picnics.
- Your child’s cross-country skis, boots and poles if they have them.
- Any required daily or emergency medications (asthma inhaler, epi pen, etc).
$40 per child per day
One time Cross-Country BC/ Nordiq Canada fee of $19
- Children who are not already members of Nelson Nordic Ski Club are required to join Nordic Canada/Cross Country BC. This part of the registration process will also ask that you sign a waiver on behalf of your child. This is required for our program’s insurance coverage.
- Available for $5 per child per day for use of rental skis, boots and poles if they do not have their own equipment
How to register:
Complete the online application and medical form at Zone 4. We require at least 8 participants to run a program and can accommodate a maximum of 25 participants per day.
You will be sent a confirmation email once we have reviewed your registration.
General policy is that there will be no refunds after registration. If Nelson Nordic Ski Club is unable to run the program due to inadequate numbers of children registered or we elect to cancel the program on any given day due to weather conditions, you will be eligible to receive a full refund less any Zone 4 fees or credit card fees paid (or you can elect to receive a credit toward next year’s fees).
Ready to sign up? Click here to complete our registration form.