We are looking for one passionate ski coach to work with the School Outreach program.
School Outreach Position:
- Reporting to the School Outreach Coordinator, this person is responsible for providing quality cross country ski instruction to school students.
- This coach will work collaboratively with other coaches with up to 60 students that attend a session.
- Attend a training event to review: lesson plans and activities, rental equipment and program promotion.
- Be reliable, full of energy, able to handle large groups of multi-aged students and project your voice when instructing.
- Have skills in cross country skiing for both skate and classic technique.
- Certified L2T coaching level (negotiable as we have someone who will assist with coaching that has this level)
- Basic First Aid-CPR “C” certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cross Country Canada and Canada Sport For Life (CS4L) system is an asset.
- This position requires a clear Criminal Records Check.
The coaches’ working hours will be at minimum 20 hours per week with other duties included as agreed upon by both coach and Nelson Nordic Ski Club. Contract for Positions run from approximately January to mid March 2015 If interested in applying to this position or attaining additional information contact Louise Poole at klpoole at shaw.ca or 250-825-9202.